Thursday 15 January 2015

Watercolor background with Simon Says Stamp stencil

Hello!
So I've been curled up in bed today fighting the lovely flu that seems to be going around but with some help from advil I had this little burst of energy to get up and share my inky card I created for the Simon Says Stamp Inky Background challenge over at their Monday challenge blog.

I used the Hello line stencil from Simon Says Stamp and temporary adhered it to some water color paper, mixed some distress inks with water and just randomly colored all over the paper and added some random splatter as I went. I love the random messiness of water coloring! Some color did bleed underneath the stencil but I tried to clean it up using a white gel pen.


Supplies:

Hello Line stencil from Simon Says Stamp

Distress Ink:
Dusty Concord
Milled Lavender 
Broken China
Frayed Burlap

Cardstock:
Marina Mist by Stampin up

Hope you enjoyed my inky background card. Thanks for looking and stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. oh I do like how you created your design. awesome technique!! Hope your feeling better :) Fab card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful! The inky background looks fantastic! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete