Tuesday 28 March 2017

Easter Theme Week for Pretty Pink Posh

Hello crafty  friends!
I'm on the Pretty Pink Posh blog today 
 to share an Easter card for Easter theme week!









For my card today I used the adorable new Easter Friends stamp set to create a cute shaker card.
To start my card off, I used a light blue A2 sized card based and stamped the patterned Easter eggs in the stamp set in the same colored ink all over for a tone on tone background. Moving on to the fun shaker area, I used the Scallop Circle die with some purple card stock to cut out my circle, I also die cut a piece of fun foam with a die to use as my dimension to create my shaker piece, however you can use foam adhesive, I just didn't feel like cutting it down into thin strips and I prefer that the fun foam is a little thinner. Once I had my acetate attached to my scallop circle along with my foam for dimension it's on to adding all the sequins and elements. I wanted to be able to see the background of my card through the shaker, which makes it a little trickier to add the elements without a backing, what I find easiest is to put something heavy on the card to hold it down and then place all the sequins and seed beads in a small area where you want the shaker piece and then adhere the shaker element right on top. For my shaker I used the Hydrangea beads, Lilac beads, Clear Confetti mix , 3mm Sparkling Clear sequins and I also added a few colored Easter eggs in there that I colored in with Copic markers and cut out using the coordinating dies from the stamp set.
I stamped my cute little Easter bunny and the rest of the images on white card stock, colored in with Copic markers and cut out again using the coordinating dies. I adhered my images onto my shaker element and stamped my sentiment to finish my card off!

That's it for my shaker card! 
I hope you enjoyed my Easter shaker card created with the adorable new Easter Friends stamp set.

Thank you so much for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment