Tuesday 27 October 2015

Embossed leaves

Hi crafty friends!

Happy Tuesday! Hope your all having a lovely start to the week.
I don't know about your weather but it's getting cold here already and I've has to scrape my car windows already. Ew. So I will likely get into making more Holiday and winter cards soon but for now I have a fall inspired card. It's my way of trying to hold on to fall just a tad longer.

If you haven't heard my crafty friend Ka over at Stamping Smile Designs is having a design team call for her tic-tac-toe challenge she will be starting soon. I love that she is taking this on and what a super fun challenge concept. 


My card is based on the middle column of the tic-tac-toe board. Leaves, embossing, and sparkles! 
I started with a piece of water color paper I cut using the scallop die from the Sweet Scallops die set from Avery Elle and stamped my leaves randomly with Versamark ink from the Our Friendship Grows stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I covered my stamped leaves in gold embossing powder and get with my heat tool. I used my Zig real brush markers to create a wash of color over each of them. I used the oval scallop die in the Sweet Scallops die set to cut out a space to in lay my gold glitter paper and sentiment. To finish my card off and to give it more sparkle I added some gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




Thank you so very much for stopping by today!

Supplies:


5 comments:

  1. Shannon, I love your Fall Themed card! What a beautiful way to showcased those leaves by not only gold embossing (which is fab), but coloring them imperfectly! Really loving that look! And I love that friendship sentiment! So true and it goes perfectly with your Fall card! I hope those scraping days does not last long because I'm not ready to let go of Fall yet! :) Take care! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So sparkly and GORGEOUS Shannon!! Love the way you've colored the leaves! A wonderFALL take on the board challenge!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty fall card, Shannon! The leaves are gorgeous.wish I had time for the challenge, tic tac toe sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your watercolored embossed leaves, Shannon. Good luck!! Tracie - Creations For Kindness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being selected for the DT, Shannon! I'm very becited for you and happy for the team!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete