Tuesday 23 June 2015

Stars and Stripes vellum shaker card for Lawnscaping challenge

Hi again friends!
Stopping in quickly today with a card I created for the Lawnscaping Stars & Stripes Challnege.


I created a flat shaker card for this challenge. 
Starting off with my background, I created the stripes using painters tape as a mask. I cut small strips and adhered them on my panel evenly. i stamped the tiny star from the Party Animal set using a few different colors of blue, while my striped masks are still on I then went in and sponged some pool party ink, removed my strips on tape creating my stripes.
Once my background was finished I then sewed on a piece of vellum, leaving the top part un sewn.(you could use tape or adhesive instead as that area was being covered but I found my stars were getting stuck to the tape.) I then filled with my star sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and completed sewing the top of my vellum. I covered this area up with a frame I created simply using my paper trimmer.
I colored my cute little fox from the Party Animal stamp set on some watercolor paper and using the clean color real brush markers, I love so dearly right now as mentioned earlier this week. I then fussy cut this little guy out to adhere on my card.
Oh! I forgot to mention my sentiment! I highly recommend stamping it on vellum before you have it sewn and stars in the background, which I didn't think of doing at the time and left it to the end.Oops! Well it stamped ok:)



I love how this turned out, the stars in the background make me happy!
Thank you so much for stopping in!




8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! The background is so pretty and your coloring on that fox is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is adorable! love that little fox in front of the cute, mint large stripes! adorable!!! especially with the gold stars...wow!! LOVE! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE! This is so sweet!! Love the softness of your background with the shaker stars!! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Absolutely love that cute little fox and your shaker design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this vellum shaker card too! Love your idea of sewing the vellum, brilliant! Cant wait to try the wonderful idea, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon this is so cute, I love your sweet vellum shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this card is lovely Shannon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally darling, love your take on the challenge! awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete